Package: calibre-bin (0.6.42+dfsg-0ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for calibre-bin
Download Source Package calibre:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Ubuntu Developers (Mail Archive)
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [calibre.kovidgoyal.net]
e-book converter and library management
Calibre is meant to be a complete e-library solution. It includes library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion as well as e-book reader sync features.
Calibre is primarily a ebook cataloging program. It manages your ebook collection for you. It is designed around the concept of the logical book, i.e. a single entry in the database that may correspond to ebooks in several formats. It also upports conversion from a dozen different ebook formats to LRF and EPUB. A graphical interface to the conversion software can be accessed easily by just clicking the "Convert E-books" button.
Supported input formats are: MOBI, LIT, PRC, EPUB, ODT, HTML, CBR, CBZ, RTF, TXT, PDF and LRS.
Calibre has a modular device driver design that makes adding support for different e-reader devices easy. At the moment, it has support for the SONY PRS 500/505/700 and the iPhone (with the stanza reader software). Syncing supports updating metadata on the device from metadata in the library and the creation of collections on the device based on the tags defined in the library view. If an book has more than one format available, calibre automatically chooses the best format when uploading to the device.
Calibre can automatically fetch news from a number of websites/RSS feeds, format the news into a ebook and upload to a connected device. There is support for generating LRF/EPUB ebooks. The ebooks include the *full* versions of the articles, not just the summaries.
Calibre has also a built-in ebook viewer that can display all the major ebook formats.
This package contains the compiled architecture dependent plugins.
Other Packages Related to calibre-bin
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.8.0)
- generic font configuration library - runtime
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libmagickcore2 (>= 7:188.8.131.52)
- low-level image manipulation library
- dep: libmagickwand2 (>= 7:184.108.40.206)
- image manipulation library
- dep: libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4)
- PNG library - runtime
- dep: libpoppler5
- PDF rendering library
- dep: libpython2.6 (>= 2.6)
- Shared Python runtime library (version 2.6)
- dep: libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.6.1-1ubuntu2)
- Qt 4 core module
- dep: libqtgui4 (>= 4:4.6.1-1ubuntu2)
- Qt 4 GUI module
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: python2.6
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (version 2.6)
- rec: calibre (>= 0.6.42+dfsg-0ubuntu1)
- e-book converter and library management