Package: clamav-daemon (0.98.1+dfsg-4ubuntu1~ubuntu10.04.2) [security]
Links for clamav-daemon
Download Source Package clamav:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- ClamAV Team (Mail Archive)
- Stephen Gran
- Michael Meskes
- Michael Tautschnig
- Scott Kitterman
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.clamav.net]
anti-virus utility for Unix - scanner daemon
Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for Unix. The main purpose of this software is the integration with mail servers (attachment scanning). The package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon in the clamav-daemon package, a command-line scanner in the clamav package, and a tool for automatic updating via the Internet in the clamav-freshclam package. The programs are based on libclamav6, which can be used by other software.
This package contains the daemon and its command line interface, featuring:
- fast, multi-threaded daemon; - easy integration with MTA's; - support for on-access scanning; - remote scanning; - able to be run supervised by daemon.
Other Packages Related to clamav-daemon
- dep: clamav-base (= 0.98.1+dfsg-4ubuntu1~ubuntu10.04.2)
- anti-virus utility for Unix - base package
- dep: libbz2-1.0
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - runtime
- dep: libclamav6 (>= 0.98.1+dfsg)
- anti-virus utility for Unix - library
- dep: libncurses5 (>= 5.6+20071006-3)
- shared libraries for terminal handling
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-13)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- dep: ucf
- Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:220.127.116.11)
- compression library - runtime