Package: gridengine-common (6.2u4-2ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for gridengine-common
Download Source Package gridengine:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Grid Engine Maintainers (Mail Archive)
- Michael Banck
- Mark Hymers
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [gridengine.sunsource.net]
Distributed resource management - common files
Grid Engine is software that facilitates "distributed resource management" (DRM). Far more than just simple load-balancing tools or batch scheduling mechanisms, DRM software typically provides the following key features across large sets of distributed resources:
* Policy based allocation of distributed resources (CPU time, software licenses, etc.) * Batch queuing & scheduling * Support diverse server hardware, OS and architectures * Load balancing & remote job execution * Detailed job accounting statistics * Fine-grained user specifiable resources * Suspend/resume/migrate jobs * Tools for reporting Job/Host/Cluster status * Job Arrays * Integration & control of parallel jobs
This package contains requried shared files and the basic configuration.
Other Packages Related to gridengine-common
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: ucf
- Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.