Package: nxtvepg (2.7.6-2ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for nxtvepg
Download Source Package nxtvepg:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Debian QA Group
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [nxtvepg.sourceforge.net]
Nextview EPG decoder and browser
In this software package you find a decoder for Nextview - an Electronic TV Programme Guide for the analog domain (as opposed to the various digital EPGs that come with most digital broadcasts). It allows you to decode and browse TV programme listings for most of the major networks in Germany, Austria, France and Switzerland.
Currently, Nextview EPG is transmitted by:
* in Germany and Austria: Kabel1, 3Sat, RTL-II, EuroNews (coverage: apx. 31 networks) * in Switzerland: SF1, TSR1, TSI1, EuroNews, 3sat, Kabel1 (coverage: apx. 37 networks) * in France: Canal+, M6 (coverage: 8 networks) * in Turkey: TRT-1 (coverage: 17 networks)
The EPG information is read from /dev/vbi, i.e. you need some TV card which provides a VBI data stream. bttv cards work. zoran might work too, but I haven't tested that due to lack of hardware...
Other Packages Related to nxtvepg
- dep: libx11-6
- X11 client-side library
- dep: libxmu6
- X11 miscellaneous utility library
- dep: tcl8.4 (>= 8.4.5)
- Tcl (the Tool Command Language) v8.4 - run-time files
- dep: tk8.4 (>= 8.4.5)
- Tk toolkit for Tcl and X11, v8.4 - run-time files