Package: pinentry-gtk2 (0.7.6-1)
Links for pinentry-gtk2
Download Source Package pinentry:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Peter Eisentraut
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.gnupg.org]
GTK+-2-based PIN or pass-phrase entry dialog for GnuPG
This package contains a program that allows for secure entry of PINs or pass phrases. That means it tries to take care that the entered information is not swapped to disk or temporarily stored anywhere. This functionality is particularly useful for entering pass phrases when using encryption software such as GnuPG or e-mail clients using the same. It uses an open protocol and is therefore not tied to particular software.
The program contained in this package implements a PIN entry dialog using the GTK+ tool kit version 2, so it is especially suitable for users of GNOME. If the X Window System is not active then an alternative text-mode dialog will be used. There are sibling packages that implement PIN entry dialogs using other tool kits.
Other Packages Related to pinentry-gtk2
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.16.0)
- The GLib library of C routines
- dep: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.8.0)
- The GTK+ graphical user interface library
- dep: libncurses5 (>= 5.6+20071006-3)
- shared libraries for terminal handling
- dep: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0)
- Layout and rendering of internationalized text
- sug: pinentry-doc
- documentation for pinentry packages