Package: vdr (1.6.0-9ubuntu2) [universe]
Links for vdr
Download Source Package vdr:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian VDR Team (Mail Archive)
- Thomas Schmidt
- Tobias Grimm
- Thomas Günther
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.cadsoft.de]
Video Disk Recorder for DVB cards
Video Disk Recorder (VDR) is a digital sat-receiver program using Linux and DVB technologies. It allows one to record MPEG2 streams, as well as output the stream to TV. It is also possible to watch DVDs (hardware accelerated) with some comfort and use an IR remote control.
This package contains the vdr main program which is controlled via the PC keyboard or a IR remote control.
NOTE: You should install compatible DVB drivers before using these programs. Also the standard VDR (without special plugins) requires a DVB-Card with an integrated mpeg-decoder, a so called Full-Featured Card.
Other Packages Related to vdr
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: libcap2 (>= 2.10)
- support for getting/setting POSIX.1e capabilities
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.0)
- generic font configuration library - runtime
- dep: libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1)
- FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libjpeg62
- The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: psmisc
- utilities that use the proc file system