Package: postman (2.1-6ubuntu2) [universe]
Links for postman
Download Source Package postman:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Debian QA Group
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
High performance web based IMAP and NNTP client
Postman is a full featured IMAP and NNTP client written in C/C++ at the Computer Science Service of the University of Valencia.
The system has two components, a small cgi program called from the web and a dedicated daemon that controls the connections to the IMAP and NNTP servers for each user session. Designed with high performance in mind, supports hundreds of concurrent user sessions without problems.
Besides, the client allows searching and sorting in mailboxes, send and receive multiple attatchments, the use of multiple mailboxes per user and the definition of user addressbooks and signatures (using files or DB databases instead of a full DBMS as other WebMail clients do).
Other Packages Related to postman
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: libc-client2007e
- c-client library for mail protocols - library files
- dep: libdb4.8
- Berkeley v4.8 Database Libraries [runtime]
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - krb5 GSS-API Mechanism
- dep: libkrb5-3 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries
- dep: libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7)
- OpenLDAP libraries
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3