Package: surfraw (2.2.6-1) [universe]
Links for surfraw
Download Source Package surfraw:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian surfraw maintainers (Mail Archive)
- Christian Surchi
- Ian Beckwith
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [surfraw.alioth.debian.org]
a fast unix command line interface to WWW
Surfraw - Shell Users' Revolutionary Front Rage Against the World Wide Web
Surfraw provides a fast unix command line interface to a variety of popular WWW search engines and other artifacts of power. It reclaims google, altavista, dejanews, freshmeat, research index, slashdot and many others from the false-prophet, pox-infested heathen lands of html-forms, placing these wonders where they belong, deep in unix heartland, as god loving extensions to the shell.
Surfraw abstracts the browser away from input. Doing so lets it get on with what it's good at. Browsing. Interpretation of linguistic forms is handed back to the shell, which is what it, and human beings are good at. Combined with incremental text browsers, such as links, w3m (or even lynx), and screen(1), or netscape-remote a Surfraw liberateur is capable of research speeds that leave GUI tainted idolaters agape with fear and wonder.
Other Packages Related to surfraw
- dep: lynx
- Text-mode WWW Browser (transitional package)
- or www-browser
- virtual package provided by arora, chimera2, chromium-browser, conkeror, edbrowse, elinks, elinks-lite, elvis, elvis-console, epiphany-browser, firefox, konqueror, links, links2, lynx-cur, midori, netrik, netsurf, rekonq, seamonkey-browser, w3m, xemacs21-mule, xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn, xemacs21-nomule
- rec: surfraw-extra
- extra surfraw search tools with heavy dependencies
- sug: screen
- terminal multiplexor with VT100/ANSI terminal emulation