Pakket: netscript-2.4-upstart (5.2.1) [universe]
Verwijzigingen voor netscript-2.4-upstart
Het bronpakket netscript-2.4 downloaden:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Matthew Grant
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Linux 2.4/2.6 router/firewall/VM host network config. system.
This is a router and firewall network configuration system. It is specific to the 2.4.x and 2.6.x kernel series. This system is in production use, even though this is an experimental version. This is the version of the package to use with the native upstart init program. Ir replaces ifupdown, and removes network-manager as the latters interface control 'greediness' causes lots of issues.
It offers much finer grained control of the network setup than the standard system in netbase, with support for bridge configuration, iptables, ip route and tc traffic control. It is optimised for use on high traffic routers with interfaces being reconfigured individually while the rest of the machine is routing traffic 24x7. Common boiler plate filter creation functions are provided to ease the task of constructing iptables filters in the context of operation within an ISP network.
Since this package is designed for a heavy duty network router, it is designed to work in conjunction with a routing daemon as found in the quagga package.
DON'T use this on a pure server - it is VERY useful for a Virtual Machine server with complex networking needs. This is because of its comprehensive network configuration capabilities. Thus it is a tempting replacement when you have to rip out NetworkManager on a server.
It was originally designed for dedicated routers and firewalls, and hence its lightweight scripting footprint. When it comes to firewall configuration though, have a look at the mason package if you are faint of heart.
Andere aan netscript-2.4-upstart gerelateerde pakketten
- dep: bash (>= 2.03)
- The GNU Bourne Again SHell
- dep: bridge-utils (>= 0.9.3)
- Utilities for configuring the Linux Ethernet bridge
- dep: iproute (>= 20001007)
- networking and traffic control tools
- dep: iptables
- administration tools for packet filtering and NAT
- of iptables-router (>= 1.2.3)
- Pakket niet beschikbaar
- dep: netbase
- Basic TCP/IP networking system
- dep: upstart
- event-based init daemon
- sug: dnsmasq
- A small caching DNS proxy and DHCP/TFTP server
- sug: quagga
- BGP/OSPF/RIP routing daemon
- sug: resolvconf
- name server information handler
- sug: whereami
- Automatically reconfigure your (laptop) system for a new location
- sug: wicd
- wired and wireless network manager - metapackage
- sug: wpasupplicant
- client support for WPA and WPA2 (IEEE 802.11i)