Paket: inn2-lfs (2.5.1-1) [universe]
Länkar för inn2-lfs
Hämta källkodspaketet inn2:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Marco d'Itri
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Hemsida [www.isc.org]
'InterNetNews' news server (LFS version)
This package provides INN 2.x, which is a very complex news server daemon useful for big sites. The 'inn' package still exists for smaller sites which do not need the complexity of INN 2.x.
This version of the package is compiled with Large Files Support.
The news transport is the part of the system that stores the articles and the lists of which groups are available and so on, and provides those articles on request to users. It receives news (either posted locally or from a newsfeed site), files it, and passes it on to any downstream sites. Each article is kept for a period of time and then deleted (this is known as 'expiry').
By default Debian's INN will install in a fairly simple 'local-only' configuration.
In order to make use of the services provided by INN you'll have to use a user-level newsreader program such as trn. The newsreader is the program that fetches articles from the server and shows them to the user, remembering which the user has seen so that they don't get shown again. It also provides the posting interface for the user.
Andra paket besläktade med inn2-lfs
- dep: inn2-inews (>= 2.3.999+20030227-1)
- NNTP client news injector, from InterNetNews (INN)
- dep: libdb4.7
- Berkeley v4.7 Database Libraries [runtime]
- dep: libmime-tools-perl
- Perl5 modules for MIME-compliant messages
- dep: libpam0g (>= 0.99.7.1)
- Pluggable Authentication Modules library
- dep: libperl5.10 (>= 5.10.0)
- shared Perl library
- dep: libsasl2-2
- Cyrus SASL - authentication abstraction library
- dep: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8k-1)
- SSL shared libraries
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: procps
- /proc file system utilities
- dep: time
- The GNU time program for measuring cpu resource usage
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- sug: gnupg
- GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement
- sug: libcomerr2 (>= 1.01)
- common error description library
- sug: libgd-gd2-noxpm-perl
- Perl module wrapper for libgd - gd2 variant without XPM support
- sug: libkrb5-3 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries
- sug: wget
- retrieves files from the web