Package: pcmciautils (014-4ubuntu4)
Links for pcmciautils
Download Source Package pcmciautils:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Colin Watson
- Per Olofsson
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
PCMCIA utilities for Linux 2.6
This package provides PCMCIA initialisation tools for Linux 2.6.13-rc1 or later, replacing the old pcmcia-cs tools used with earlier kernel versions. PCMCIA cards are commonly used in laptops to provide expanded capabilities such as network connections, modems, increased memory, etc.
To use PCMCIA you need to have kernel modules available to support it. These are included in the stock Debian 2.6 kernel packages. You will most likely also need udev, although it isn't always required.
The wireless-tools package is required by many wireless network adapters.
Other Packages Related to pcmciautils
- dep: libsysfs2
- interface library to sysfs
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.0-6)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- dep: module-init-tools (>= 3.2.2)
- tools for managing Linux kernel modules
- dep: udev (>= 136-1)
- rule-based device node and kernel event manager
- sug: wireless-tools
- Tools for manipulating Linux Wireless Extensions