Package: python-django (1.1.1-2ubuntu1.13) [security]
Links for python-django
Download Source Package python-django:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Chris Lamb
- Debian Python Modules Team (Mail Archive)
- Raphaël Hertzog
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.djangoproject.com]
High-level Python web development framework
Django is a high-level web application framework that loosely follows the model-view-controller design pattern.
Python's equivalent to Ruby on Rails, Django lets you build complex data-driven websites quickly and easily - Django focuses on automating as much as possible and adhering to the "Don't Repeat Yourself" (DRY) principle.
Django additionally emphasizes reusability and "pluggability" of components; many generic third-party "applications" are available to enhance projects or to simply to reduce development time even further.
Notable features include:
* An object-relational mapper (ORM) * Automatic admin interface * Elegant URL dispatcher * Form serialization and validation system * Templating system * Lightweight, standalone web server for development and testing * Internationalization support * Testing framework and client
Other Packages Related to python-django
- dep: python (>= 2.3)
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-support (>= 0.90.0)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules